Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oh this weather! Whineywhinewhine



Yes it is April 26th and snowy at a fresh 32 degrees this morning. There goes my horsey weekend. It was supposed to involve a lot of road riding which is excellent for Johnny; close to my barn there's a nice stretch involving two gentle hills that are so good for building up his back muscles after a winter of arena circles. But in this weather I just wimp out; the pastures are open to wind and just thawed enough to be deep mud. Spring is not the horseperson's favorite season in these parts.

So I went to the Whole Foods Co-op and bought these luscious strawberries to console myself:


And in the end, the Stoics had it right:

3 comments:

sue said...

this is "too funny" because when we tell people we are from Maine... they seem to think it's the land of ice and snow!!!!! Today we had temps in the 70's and you're the folks with snow!!! well, it should melt quick... but, you can keep it!!! :0) best wishes.....

Flying Lily said...

I am so jealous - 70's!! It's 19 this morning and the horses have already shed out their winter coats, poor babies. At least the sun is shining...

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

We caught the edge of that weather. One day I was sweating in a t-shirt. The next it was back to coveralls. Everyone got a little extra hay that day-just to keep them munching and warm.