Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beach Visit and RW(h)D



What big ears you have Gabey! After a hectic day we went down to the beach and watched unusual amounts of surf pound up from believe it or not, a lake! Well it is the big one - Lake Superior, but usually it is placid at the beach. Today we had rip tide warnings posted and actual surfers!



Gabey kept trying to pick up seagull feathers, but he got sand in his mouth in the process...frustrating to a little dog.



Finally he got one! Hurray!


It's amazing to see these mighty waves rolling up out of a fresh water lake. Many people were down there just to play in the surf and ogle Mother Nature's rolling power.

It always refreshes my mind to see something like this; it reminds me we are just little land and shore-dwelling animals on this blue planet, and the fact that after work today I had a terrible ride "Riding With (hellish) Distractions" at the barn seems not so aggravating:




Yes, it was a loud and raucous time, but Montana didn't seem too upset (I was more distracted than he was); because we were tacking up in a new location due to the earthworks project that took over the yard, he got to eat spilled grain from the mare's lunch, which alas turns out to have ReguMate in it, so he may be singing soprano for awhile:


What a day! Time for a shower and some ice cream...

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great shots of the lake.Amazing how the waves make it look like an ocean.I hate to ride when there are tractors, lawn mowers etc... It does seem to bother me more than the horses though.
I'm with you after a good shower and slipping into some comfy clothes there's nothing like a favorite ice cream to soothe the soul.

Flying Lily said...

I even have my favorite post-shower ice-cream clothes!! Baggy sweats and an IU t-shirt...

BITR Country Girl said...

Gabey is sooo cute! My neighbors have a dog that looks just like him! Love the pictures from the lake. Looks like you all had fun!

Flying Lily said...

Jamie, he's the best dog I've ever had, apologies to all the predecessors. It was a good time!