Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sailors take warning



And indeed this pink sky at dawn the other day meant a day of soft rain and rolling thunderstorms. I've been reading about BrownEyed Cowgirls' tree worries - the power company wants to take down some of her favorites. Nothing so sad as a tree being cut down - all those years of work! These big evergreens in my back yard have very shallow root systems and they tend to blow down, but they are mighty green warriors while they last.

And my new lily bloomed:



I'm told that deer don't eat day lilies, so tough luck to the army of marauders that cruise through my yard every morning and night! I used to think deer were cute until I saw how much they can eat...

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful pictures. And don't you believe it, the deer here do nothing but snack on my day lilies,they don't last a day or night. Their personal salad bar in my yard consists of hostas, impatiens etc... one of the only plants that doesn't agree with their delicate palettes are my lavender.

Flying Lily said...

Dang. I knew they loved hostas because the evidence is all too clear; I will plant tons of lavender next spring if they will leave it alone! it's wonderful anyway...

Train Wreck said...

I have those same lillies! I love them! I just planet them this summer. I hope they come back bigger and better each year!

Motorized Blinds Arvada said...

Great readd thankyou